- Reducing the cost of software purchases and licensing costs
- Typically being more secure and less vulnerable to serious vulnerabilities
- Faster update cycles, harnessing new technology developments
- Allowing for free or cheap plug-ins to be included for easy customisation
- Supports dedicated developers who believe in software for the masses
Thursday, 25 April 2013
Open Source Software
Craig has been working in the Information Technology and eBusiness marketing domains since 2000 and also draws from a wide range of commercial experience over the past 27 years within the academic, hospitality, retail and traditional marketing sectors.
Over the years his skills and expertise have been retained by such well known firms as Myer Stores, Novotel, Telstra, IBM and Federation University. As a Global Marketing Manager of an award winning Australian software company Craig was responsible for developing strategies to expand into several key markets, including North America, Europe and Asia; resulting in a four-fold increase in sales over a 3 year period.
An intimate knowledge of eBusiness, Internet marketing and marketing strategy has been attained from industry experience and also graduating from tertiary study with a Bachelor of Information Technology and also a Bachelor of Business (eBusiness) (Honours) from one of Australia's leading regional institutions, Federation University.
Craig has also lectured and coordinated a number of IT management and eBusiness subjects, as well as presenting several seminars and workshops in the field of marketing strategy, Search Engine Optimisation and eBusiness.